Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A great month!

I can't believe it has been another month! We are finally getting into a routine, and today our daytime nurse started! So I will now have time to spend building my agency and still be flexible enough to be with Bella as much as I need to.
She and Dax are doing well. They are learning to play together with only mild attitude - they both like to push the other out of their way. Dax is crawling like a champ, and nearly walking. He will walk all over the house with a toy to push, just not sure he wants to go it alone yet!

Bella is almost crawling, she had a great session of Physical Therapy today - even got on her hand and knees all by herself. Maybe Dax being a toy thief will be good for her.

I just hope it is not the death of us - how on earth will we keep up with two mobile kids at once?
We also have decided to switch pulmonologists, we really liked Dr. Copenhaver who has more than one office and seems to be very open to "pushing" Bella as much as she can be to get that trach out.
We had a great swallow study at Plano Pediatrics. She does have mild aspiration on "residual" when she is not trying to swallow, but we have methods to work on it to help now.
And her MRI was clear. We will have another in 3 months - and every 3 months following for awhile.

Both are growing like weeds - Dax is 25+ pounds and Bella is about 21 now. She is a little behind in height, not quite on the chart yet, but her weight and head size are great. She may just be petite like mommy.

Have a great day everyone and we will post more soon.
Lots of Love
David, Lisa, Dax and Bella
Hmmm - I don't really want that passy, but I don't think Dax needs it either...
Bella loves to steal it from him just to see if he will try to take it back.
Just got done swinging - we really like it, but sometimes daddy forgets that we are still kind of little and zooming to the moon is a little scary. Don't even try to do the slide with Dax now, the fourth of July waterslide incident has him scared for life!

Playing on our own. As you can see we are very deprived and neglected kids...
please someone buy us some toys!

Splish Splash - one of our favorite songs and things to do! We can even try it together sometimes - as long as daddy is home to help.

uh -oh busted! I can stand when I really want to....

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I just saw the news about beautiful baby Bella and what a horrible tragedy. I am SO sorry for your loss and can't imagine the pain you are going through. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.